Thursday

Bastille has come and gone. Regretfully, I slept in too late to go and watch the parade, so had to make do with tv footage instead. I didn't think he could get any scarier, but turns out that Sarkozy standing on a tank is a pretty disturbing image! He's going to Dublin next week to tell us to have a second referendum, quite cheeky of him.

I think I'll get a year long subscription for the Velib, it's only €29 which isn't bad. We went for a cycle along the canal yesterday. It really reminded me of the docklands in Dublin, nice places to eat there too. The beach starts next week. I hope the weather is good for it. It's really weird these days, hot and cold.

The days are flying by here, it's so easy to wander around for a day and feel like you've done nothing... in a good way, if that makes sense?
I read outside Shakespeare and Co for half an hour the other day. I found a cute little parc on the top of the Ile de La Cité! It's tiny, but sweet. I love Place Des Vosges but the grass is always quite dry.

Went to Museé Rodain last Sunday, the gardens are lovely and the sculptures even better. Anyone who is coming to visit soon (ah-hem, Mum)... I wouldn't say no to the August issues of Vogue and Vanity Fair.... :)

I bought Elle magazine the other day, featuring Carla Bruni (who else) on the cover. The pissed off looking salesman, took it from me and said "Bah, Carla. Encore!"!

3 comments:

Marie said...

So you're reading in French?
Sarkozy on a tank,uh?I think that would really scare me.Is that what Chirac used to do as well?Can't remember.Sarkozy must have looked like Napoleon.A little angry Chihuahua.I do thin it's pretty cheeky of him to go to Dublin and ask for a new vote.I mean the French did not exactly vote YES if I remember well.

Lana said...

I know, the lads in Dublin are not to impressed. I think he's meeting with Sinn Fein (BIG republican party in ireland) so it'll be interesting to see how that goes!

Anonymous said...

an the news they showed a few people protesting against sarko's visit and all!hehe he is a scary man indeed!!
xo