Tuesday

On Sunday we took bread and cheese (well this is France) to Parc Buttes Chaumont for a pique-nique. Was full of families doing the same. There was a band up on a hill playing lots of music (Beatles, theme from Rocky, Mozart etc etc). Then we went to Centre Pompidou as it was free. I like Modern Art but some of it is just a little too strange for me. We had dinner backwards, ice cream first, meal after. Then met some people on Pont Des Artes and chatted for a few hours, watching La Tour sprakle every hour. I was exhausted today so didn't do as much as I had planned. There's an indoor market with gourmet food stands (although, what food in Paris isn't gourmet?) around the corner from the apart so I think I'll go early(ish) and get some nice food while I can still afford it!

Oh I went to the legendary Shakespeare & Co yesterday, for the first time. Amazing shop, think I'll definitely hand my CV in there.




*Rhino was in Pompidou, not S&C!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the rhino, did you see the pic of the teeny ting baby rhino born in Wales recently, sooo cute

next time you go to Musee d'orsay, send me the postcard of the painting of the guy skiing down the slope, its almost all white, but not really if you know what I mean...

the birds are singing away outside, no doubt that bloody machinegun magpie will arrive soon. Wonder if it is still legal to kill them, it used to be!

xx
bean an ti

Lana said...

Thanks for the full name mum, would have been hard to identify you without it! I'd say Valium could hook you up with Magpie killing apparatus if needed?!

Marie said...

you and food...I miss cheese.I wanna live in a cheese house and eat the walls.
ps:your mom is hilarious!Baby rhino and magpies.It's a real zoo up there in Ireland

Letitia said...

You're not going to believe this, but there was a Govt ad in the paper yesterday (how sad am I when start reading those pages) - anyway it was from Dept of Environment giving permission to kill (think they used a less provocative word) crows, magpies and pigeons if causing a nuisance to farmers.

The only problem was it was other parts of Leinster, and not the genteel suburbs of south Dublin.

xx mathair mor